Saturday, June 29, 2013

When Life Gives You Lemons...

This photo just screams summer to me. Happy Summer you guys.
The song for today would have to be Flowers in Your Hair by The Lumineers
Listen to it here

Today my friend and I were going to take a trip to a beautifully overgrown golf course to have a much overdue whimsical little photo-shoot. Sadly, my sweet friend became sick (poor dear) so our plans were cancelled at the last minute. But things can't always go as planned. Days like this happen often, no use in letting them get you down. You wanted a magical day, make it magical. When life gives you lemons....


Speaking of lemons, I discovered this sensational lemonade recipe on the the Free People blog recently, and have been dying to try it. Saffron Lemonade with Blackberry Syrup. Since my blocked out morning was now free, I decided to go ahead and make some! It turned out to be ridiculously delicious and easy, and I definitely recommend you try it sometime this summer!

//

And just because our shoot was canceled, didn't mean my outfit had to go to waste. So I wore it anyway, feeling very boho and carefree. I decided to go ahead and take a few fun pictures as well. I had a blast editing them. I love magical effects. 
I hope you enjoyed your Saturday as much as I did!
Thanks again for reading!
xo

Old Navy tank, Vintage skirt, Recession Jewelry seed necklace, Rue 21 sunglasses

 





No comments:

Post a Comment